If they do, they might enjoy the five goodies that I have for you today.
They’re writing prompts that will get your kids thinking like or about a superhero.
I think they’ll enjoy them!
By the way, a superhero story is a great tool for practicing onomatopoeia. It’s the perfect platform for using sound words like “Crash,” “Splash,” and “Whoosh!” Not to mention the fact that the superhero theme a really fun topic to write about! When your kids get tired of their regular writing assignments, pull out one of these prompts. It’ll get their creative juices flowing.
Superhero Writing Prompts
- Pretend you’re a superhero. Write a story about how you save the world from… (You fill in the blank.)
- Who is your favorite superhero and why? What qualities does this superhero have that you admire?
- Write a superhero story using at least 5 of the following words: brave, crash, defend, hero, mastermind, powers, sploosh, sidekick, villain, whoosh.
- You’ve just been given the ability to run extremely fast. Describe what it looks, feels, and sounds like to run at super fast speeds.
- Write a funny story about a superhero who can’t stop singing.
If you liked these writing prompts, I have 20 more superhero-themed prompts in my Superhero Writing Prompts product. It also has thematic journal pages and a handy word list that will provide your kids with inspiration and spelling help. It’s full of superhero fun!