Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. That means it’s time to start planning crafts, activities, and learning experiences for that lovable holiday.
The question is: Where do you go to find these wonderful ideas?
Fortunately, the internet is bursting with blessings. In fact, it is so full of ideas that it is almost overwhelming. So I decided to hunt for a few really good websites that have some nice inspirations, or really valuable information, or just something unique for Valentine’s Day. Here they are.
These sites have an abundance of games, crafts, and other fun activities for children of all ages.
- Activities, crafts and cards by Enchanted Learning.
- Many craft ideas on the Family Education website.
- A fun and, of course, educational Valentine activity on Starfall.
- The UK has a site called Activity Village with activities, coloring pages, and printables. Some words may use the British spelling.
- You’ll find recipes, party ideas, crafts and lots more on Kaboose.
- Valentine poetry from well-known, less known, and unknown poets.
- There’s a Valentine’s secret code and ideas for cards on this site.
- Games to play on Pam’s Place.
- Christian Valentine activities on Annie’s site.
- Math activities on Googol.
- Valentine’s Day ideas from A to Z Teacher Stuff.
- Mouse over this interactive map on ChartsBin to see “Happy Valentine’s Day” in various languages.
- Here’s a Youtube video showing people saying “I love you” in many languages.
You’ll find the story behind Valentine’s day in these links.
- Here’s a printable with the story of St. Valentine and comprehension questions on ABC Teach.
- The history of Valentine’s Day on the History.com website.
- On Catholic Heroes of the Faith, you’ll find a beautiful online storybook telling the tale of St. Valentine.
- A description of the story of St. Valentine on Christian Broadcasting Network.
I hope you enjoy these facts and fun for Valentine’s Day. 🙂
By the way, if you’d like some decorative heart letters, check out this Fanciful Letters: Lots of Hearts printable. It includes not only upper and lowercase letters on lovely decorative hearts, but also four fun games for practicing letter identification. Enjoy!